24.10.08

DANCE CLASS

A whole week passed and tiredness hit me. I ask permission to one leg to move the other and I suddenly drag myself into the dance studio. I lie down on the floor and its warm. I feel my muscles relaxing and I almost fall asleep. 6.45 pm and no sign of the teacher.
The pianist decides to check out what is happening. Apologies come, the teacher is incommunicable, no one knows where she is. A replacement, if you don’t mind. It is a bit short notice for Rob but he was around the building and we asked him to give the class which he kindly accepted. There he is.
A bit clumsy he enters the room, almost hits the door, trips on his trousers, jumping, hopping, a huge smile and a blue sweater. He keeps on smiling and its contagious. My right cheek asks permission to the left to glimpse a smile. - Hi, I’m Rob. I wasn’t expecting this. I’m not exactly what are you expecting so be open minded.
My thoughts fade away and I start wondering it will be hard to concentrate today. Is he… ? nah… I smile even more.
He starts explaining the exercise and he is looking at me. Is he… ? Nah, I think… I smile. He laughs.

- Guys, you are so funny. You are so serious. You have to smile and relax your face muscles… he makes funny faces and makes all laugh. Ups… a jump there, a John Travolta move, ok, ok… maybe he is…
Ok, concentrate now. 1…2…3…4, spin and jump. Focus, legs, arms, right, left… music… - oh, the pianist is singing… we like that…
The contagious energy is spread everywhere, people start talking to each other… I smile, it is becoming actually funny. Is he… ? nah…
He feels a bit lost here, I think, maybe that’s why is smiling and giggling… he is nervous, he doesn’t know what is next. I relax as well, so it is not just me here. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. right, left, jump, move… hey, I know it is tempting but no jazz here or disco ball style – he adds. Uhh, with those moves, is he…? Maybe…
The class ends. He thanks, he apologises for the unusual class. – These trousers are not even mine, they are from the girl at reception. I was just about to leave the school. I’m a rap teacher. I usually teach young kids… so this was quite unusual for me as well!
I don’t resist and say to him: - Whatever you take, I want it as well. you need to share! He just laughs.
Back to the changing rooms, I’m on my way out. He is outside, smiling, laughing as usual, and talking to the receptionists.
I think: Is he… ? I take a better look… with that fashion style?… Is he… ? Nahhhhhhhh… No way… no gay…
My cheeks did not ask permission anymore, they just made me smile…

1 Comments:

Blogger Billy said...

"E...?", pergunta uma leitora curiosa, de olhar ansioso por saber a resposta.

21:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home